Thursday, January 8, 2009

Off Topic -You want crazy Winter Mountain Biking?

No dogs.... but they might wish they had 'em now and them...
THE TRAINING

A heroic GRRL and ~AUTHOR~ who rides in it. Ghost Trails" is a sometimes joyful, often harrowing ride through my experiences in the 2008 Iditarod Trail Invitational, and the events that inspired it. by Jill Homer, one of my strong Alaskan women idols

And me? I am all about the SkiJoring now. BUT I have a serious problem, in that I lack both snow and a proper skijor harness; not to mention I have zero experience at cross country skiing and a partially torn ACL... but I will persevere. Ice and roller skating skills, and passable proficiency at down hill skiing (prior to knee injury at least...) must count for something right? There are some awesome dog races in Chester at the end of the month. Will team HumDog be there? It's either learn to ski, buy a harness, and do the two dog skijor OR get two more dogs (!)and a sled (!) and attempt 4 dog 6 mile sled race!!! Reality sinking in......OR just stay home save $$... and possibly my health, by simply tending to the orchard. Hah. The trees will wait, but will the trail...and what of this inner need for speed and a flirtation with danger? Stay tuned.

No comments: